COMMON SENSE MEDIA: Parents' Guide to Mending the Line
June 7, 2023
Is It Any Good?
Ultimately, Mending the Line teaches us a little about fly fishing, but a lot more about being human.
Talk to Your Kids About ...
- Families can talk about how Mending the Line depicts drinking. Is John abusing alcohol with his self-medicating? Is drinking glamorized? Are there consequences? Why does that matter?
- How is the mentor-student relationship depicted here? How is it similar to or different from your own relationships?
- Did you notice positive diverse representations in the movie? What about any stereotypes?
- How are trauma and loss depicted? What are some of the positive ways characters tackle these things? What are some of the negative ways? What's the difference?
- In the movie, how does fly-fishing teach gratitude? How can this be applied to everyday life?